Saturday 1 June 2013

Peach & Polka Dot - Barry M's Peach Melba & Poundshop Nail Wraps!





Here I used Barry M's Peach Melba; a light peach creme. The brush is quite thin making it hard to cover the nail quickly and smoothly, especially on long nails. The formula was a bit on the thick side too so I added some Seche Thinner, making it a bit better. I love the colour!


On my ring fingers I've use some nail wraps I found in Poundland. As you can see it is very bumpy and parts are peeling off which I can't even tell you how much that makes me cringe - catching on clothing *shudders*, but please bear in mind that this is photo a couple of days after I painted this mani. I would also like to point out that I did these nails in a major rush, before I went out, therefore my application was fairly clumsy. 



I added three clear rhinestones from www.bornprettystore.comvertically down on the dots. Unfortunately, one came off that night, and the wraps weren't identical meaning on one finger the rhinestones were perfectly vertical, the other was a bit wonky.



Lastly, a coat of my beloved Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to make them dry instantly before heading out.



Overall these £1.00 nail wraps weren't the best but they do look great if applied properly and with more care. I've found having a quick look at the nail product in the pound shop is sometimes worth it, I've got some great rhinestones from there before and for so cheap!They do only last one day maybe two, after that they will look a mess. The sizes of each wrap weren't considered properly when producing, as some widths don't match up with the others, but that could just be my nails I suppose. I bought a few varieties of these which are still sitting in my drawer, I probably will experiment more with them but when I've got more time and patience on my hands, not to mention steadiness! 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment